Time flies when you are launching a new website! We’ve updated our site with a new, modern look and feel. Check it out here.
It’s hard to believe that this time last week we were in
Chicago at Becker’s
Health IT and Revenue Cycle Conference. It was my first time attending the
event. The entire Becker’s team and the attendees made us feel welcome. Some of
the key highlights include:
- Dinner with Advent Health. RPM Italian is always a treat, but conversation with an innovator like Steve Rheaume topped even the tiramisu. I’m inspired by their “Know Me” initiative and the critical role that person identification plays in improving each interaction consumers have with Advent Health. The consumerization of healthcare is taking shape. I also enjoyed Steve’s session “Clinician and IT integration into the Revenue Cycle” with Sally Bankston, BSN, RN, MSN during which they reiterated why we are all here—it’s not about accurate charting, it’s about improved patient care.
- The Cyber Security panel on Thursday morning. This panel featured our partner Imprivata alongside Piedmont Health and CHOP and was educational. Cyber-security is a risk shield for health systems and while much emphasis has been placed on the role of the system and care providers, I’m curious how you think about something that came to mind for me—what is the role of the patient in cyber-security?
- The Peyton Manning keynote. This was my biggest surprise of the conference because I’m not a big football fan and my favorite thing about UT is their fight song (good ol’ Rocky Top!). Peyton was engaging and had the room laughing many times throughout his session. I’m glad I snuck away from the booth to hear him.
- The Hillary Clinton keynote. Hillary shared inspiring stories about herself, navigating the legal world as a young female attorney, and other gutsy woman like Amelia Earhart and Harriet Tubman.
- Finally, the opportunity to connect with revenue cycle and IT leaders who are rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done was the best. I talked to health systems and healthcare technology vendors that are working smartly and moving fast to optimize health information management, improve consumer experiences, clean-up duplicate medical records, and innovate all things related to person data management.
What did you think of the conference? I would love to hear your thoughts, please send any comments to [email protected]